Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you need to visit. The city is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps region. The city is known for its historic and social heritage. Some of its structures and galleries have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated in order to St. John and St. Stephen. It was built during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the actual church have now been shut for hopes and are kept for the public display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were built during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of architecture.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and was started in 11th century AD. There is a great regard and value for this amongst the local inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that is made in the English style of architecture. The park had been built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and most beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the creatures can roam freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house was started in 1826 and it was later reopened in 1993. The place has located many opera performances as well as dance shows. The cup ceiling from the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located around the outskirts from the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other aquatic life species have been stored here. Many informative lectures and slideshows will also be organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal place for the dancing lovers. This theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can learn various type of dance. There is a museum which is also situated in the actual vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest shopping mall in France. The actual mall has the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But steer clear of this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to see and explore bons plans restaurants à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to achieve Paris and you can take either TGV train or even bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the third largest city and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This city is famous for its tradition and 2000 year-old history. This city began by the Romans and a history city as recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between two rivers called as Rhone and Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the month of September and Oct.